This is probably the most refreshing salad I’ve ever had. So good for those sweltering summer days. And it’s so colorful too. The colors in this are just divine! Yes, I’m a sucker for colorful dishes.
Now, I know, you’re probably thinking…tomatoes? Why tomatoes? You had me until tomatoes. But trust me, it’s so worth it. Especially if you can find some really good ripe summer tomatoes. Oooh…or even some great heirloom tomatoes.
I ran across this recipe one morning while reading the news, and adapted it just a bit from the original by playing with the amount of feta – the original calls for 1/2 cup, but I think you can cut back a bit depending on how your taste preference.
This salad is best when enjoyed right away, or within a day – if it sits too long it tends to get a bit soggy.
We paired this as a side with mushroom pizza (from Mellow Mushroom- yum!), and it also goes well with grilled chicken. Or even just on its own. Seriously delicious – I think I wanted to eat the whole bowl in one sitting.
To me, this is the perfect mix of refreshing summer fruits, so I hope you enjoy!Print
- 2 cups watermelon, cubed
- 1 cup peaches, peeled, and cubed
- 1 cup tomatoes, seeds removed, and cubed
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, sliced into ribbons
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (or to taste, up to 1/2 cup)
- In a large bowl, combine watermelon, peaches, tomatoes, and basil.
- Pour lime juice over fruits, and stir to combine.
- Add feta, and stir gently.
Enjoy within 1-2 days