If you’re looking for a lentil salad recipe that is delicious, refreshing for summer, and so good you can’t stop eating it, then this lentil salad with tomatoes and dill is exactly the recipe you need.
This lentil tomato salad recipe is a love letter to all things summer – fresh dill and tomatoes with a splash of lemon juice and red wine vinegar to pull it all together.
In making this recipe, I set out to recreate a favorite from our local Mediterranean deli. This lentil salad is one that I can’t get enough of, and now I get to share the love with you!
The great thing about this recipe is that it is so simple, yet so delicious, and it is so easy to make.
How To Make This Easy Lentil and Tomato Salad with Dill
- To start, sort and pick through your lentils. I’ve talked about this a couple of times before, but it is so important to not break your teeth on a tiny rock that may have been collected up when harvesting the lentils.
- Next, bring water and your freshly sorted lentils to boil in a large pot, then turn the heat down and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Once the lentils are done, drain and rinse any excess liquid and starch from the lentils and set them aside.
- Now, you’re ready to mix up your dressing – lemon juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil and a little salt. Whisk it all together and try to fight the urge to drizzle it on every delicious veggie you have at home.
- Add the lentils, tomatoes, onion, and dill to the dressing, mix it all up and you’re done! So easy, so delicous!
This lentil salad with tomatoes and dill is great paired with a sandwich or other salads for lunch. It also makes a great snack, perfect for the afternoon to fight the mid-day energy drop I tend to get most afternoons.
I love making this lentil salad with fresh tomatoes and dill from the garden. You can use grape or cherry tomatoes, or even dice up a large tomato instead of slicing the smaller sized snacking tomatoes.
I hope you enjoy this delicous and refreshing salad. Dill, in my opinion, is so craveworthy and makes everything taste so fresh and bright. Paired with tomatoes it makes a lovely lentil salad. Enjoy!Print
Lentil Salad with Tomatoes and Dill
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 servings 1x
- Category: sides, salads
- Method: stove, chop
- Cuisine: sides
A delicious, refreshing lentil salad for summer with fresh tomatoes and dill. A simple and easy lentil salad recipe makes the perfect side dish.
1 cup lentils, sorted with debris or rocks removed
3 cups water
3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
3 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 12-16 oz pack grape tomatoes, sliced (can substitute 2 cups fresh diced tomatoes)
1 cup red onion diced (about 1/2 of a large red onion)
1 bunch fresh dill, chopped (about 1/2 cup before chopping)
- Sort through lentils to remove any debris or small rocks.
- Add lentils and 3 cups water to a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes until lentils are tender.
- Drain any excess liquid and rinse lentils under cool water.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine red wine vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, and kosher salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add lentils to the mixing bowl, and stir to coat.
- Add sliced tomatoes, red onion, and dill. Mix gently to combine.
Keywords: lentil salad, tomato, dill, fresh tomato, lentil salad recipe, easy sides, vegetarian, vegan, healthy sides, healthy salads, summer salads
Leave a Reply