The easiest one bowl banana muffins are here for your enjoyment. Made with whole wheat flour and sweetened with maple syrup, these muffins are great for a healthy breakfast or snack. I’m seriously so excited to share these with you because they’re so yummy and so easy to put together.
You’ll only need one bowl for these muffins, and you can whip them up in no time at all.
The whole family loves these for breakfast with greek yogurt and eggs. For quick breakfasts when we need to run out the door fast these muffins are perfect. I’ll pull a couple of these out of the freezer, pop them in the microwave for about 30-45 seconds, and add them to our plates with a hardboiled egg to get breakfast on the table fast.
These banana muffins freeze well and stay moist even after reheating.
Baking with whole wheat flour is pretty much standard for me, but I also wanted to try a muffin with a natural sweetener like maple syrup, so this muffin recipe was the perfect solution. Also, we were running out of sugar, but had plenty of maple syrup, so here we are.
5 steps to easy and healthy banana muffins
- To make these healthy muffins, grab a large mixing bowl, and begin by mashing up your bananas.
- Next add in your applesauce and maple syrup, and mix everything to combine.
- Then, add in the eggs, milk, and vanilla, stirring it all together.
- Add in all of your dry ingredients – flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, and gently mix to combine.
- Divide the batter into muffin cups and bake. It’s that easy!
With minimal effort you will have delicious and healthy muffins to enjoy right away or freeze for a quick grab and go snack!Print
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12-15 muffins 1x
- Category: baking
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: breakfast, brunch
The easiest recipe for one bowl banana muffins. These banana muffins are made with whole wheat flour, sweetened with maple syrup, and are great for a healthy breakfast or snack.
3 large ripe bananas, mashed (about 1.5 cup)
1/3 cup applesauce
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup milk
1 Tbsp vanilla
2 cups white whole wheat flour
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325F. Spray muffin tins or line with baking cups, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas until just a few lumps remain.
- Add applesauce, maple syrup, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Stir until mixed.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Mix until ingredients are just moistened and a few lumps remain.
- Divide batter between 12-15 muffin cups by spooning batter into the cups.
- Bake at 325F for 20-25 minutes, until toothpick inserted into the center of muffins comes out clean.
- Cool in muffin tins for a few minutes, then move muffins to cooling rack to cool before serving.
These muffins freeze well – just freeze in a large freezer bag in a single layer.
To thaw frozen muffins, place on a microwave safe plate, and heat for 30-45 seconds until warmed through.
Keywords: banana muffins, easy recipes, one bowl, baking, healthy baking, whole wheat flour, maple syurp, naturally sweetened, natural sweetener, healthy muffins, healthy recipes
Leave a Reply