There’s something about balsamic vinegar paired with tomatoes that makes a dish sing, and these balsamic roasted green beans and tomatoes are no different. Your mouth will start watering when you smell them roasting in the oven.
Even better, this is probably one of the easiest dishes to put together. Everything goes into the oven on the same pan, and in minutes your kitchen will smell amazing.
I love these balsamic roasted green beans and tomatoes as a side dish with salmon, or chicken. I’ve also brought them to a potluck where they were a hit – definitely a crowd pleaser.
To put this dish together, you will need green beans, cherry or grape tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, a little garlic, and olive oil. Add a dash of salt if you would like, but it does just fine without it.
I like to put everything on the sheet pan, spritz the tomatoes and green beans with a little olive oil, then drizzle the balsamic over the top, add in some minced garlic, and stir it together.
Roast the tomatoes and green beans until the skin on the tomatoes start to pop, about 15-20 minutes. Then serve — they are amazing warm, and you can also serve them cold.
Amazingly delicious green beans and tomatoes roasted with balsamic vinegar — an easy side dish and vegan friendly.
1 lb green beans, ends trimmed
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
1–2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1. Heat oven to 400F
2. Mix trimmed green beans and tomatoes together with garlic on a sheet pan
3. Drizzle with a little olive oil, or spritz with olive oil spray, stir to coat
4. Drizzle balsamic vinegar over vegetables and garlic, stir to mix
5. Place in oven and roast for 10 minutes
6. Remove from oven, and stir. Return pan to oven.
7. Roast another 7-10 minutes, until skin on tomatoes begins to split
8. Remove from oven and transfer to a serving dish.
Keywords: sides, vegetarian, vegan, tomatoes, green beans, balsamic vinegar, roast, oven, easy sides, quick sides, one pan, sheet pan