A delicious, refreshing lentil salad for summer with fresh tomatoes and dill. A simple and easy lentil salad recipe makes the perfect side dish.
1 cup lentils, sorted with debris or rocks removed
3 cups water
3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
3 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 12-16 oz pack grape tomatoes, sliced (can substitute 2 cups fresh diced tomatoes)
1 cup red onion diced (about 1/2 of a large red onion)
1 bunch fresh dill, chopped (about 1/2 cup before chopping)
- Sort through lentils to remove any debris or small rocks.
- Add lentils and 3 cups water to a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes until lentils are tender.
- Drain any excess liquid and rinse lentils under cool water.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine red wine vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, and kosher salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add lentils to the mixing bowl, and stir to coat.
- Add sliced tomatoes, red onion, and dill. Mix gently to combine.
Keywords: lentil salad, tomato, dill, fresh tomato, lentil salad recipe, easy sides, vegetarian, vegan, healthy sides, healthy salads, summer salads