The easiest recipe for one bowl banana muffins. These banana muffins are made with whole wheat flour, sweetened with maple syrup, and are great for a healthy breakfast or snack.
3 large ripe bananas, mashed (about 1.5 cup)
1/3 cup applesauce
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup milk
1 Tbsp vanilla
2 cups white whole wheat flour
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325F. Spray muffin tins or line with baking cups, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas until just a few lumps remain.
- Add applesauce, maple syrup, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Stir until mixed.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Mix until ingredients are just moistened and a few lumps remain.
- Divide batter between 12-15 muffin cups by spooning batter into the cups.
- Bake at 325F for 20-25 minutes, until toothpick inserted into the center of muffins comes out clean.
- Cool in muffin tins for a few minutes, then move muffins to cooling rack to cool before serving.
These muffins freeze well – just freeze in a large freezer bag in a single layer.
To thaw frozen muffins, place on a microwave safe plate, and heat for 30-45 seconds until warmed through.
Keywords: banana muffins, easy recipes, one bowl, baking, healthy baking, whole wheat flour, maple syurp, naturally sweetened, natural sweetener, healthy muffins, healthy recipes