- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp chopped basil
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp goat cheese, divided
- Heat oil in small sauce pan over medium to medium-high heat. Add onion, 1/2 of chopped rosemary, basil and thyme. Sauté until onion is soft about 5 minutes.
- Rinse and drain quinoa using a mesh colander. Add quinoa to onion mixture and stir over medium heat to toast, about 1-2 minutes. Add water, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn down to low and cover. Cook for approximately 20 minutes until quinoa is fluffy.
- While quinoa cooks, heat oven to 350F. Slice the cap from tomatoes and scoop out the seeds and center of each tomato.
- Once quinoa has cooked and is fluffy, remove from heat. Add 1 Tbsp crumbled goat cheese and stir to mix. Stuff tomatoes with the quinoa mixture. Top each tomato with remaining crumbled goat cheese and remaining rosemary.
- Place on baking sheet lined with foil. Bake at 350F for 10 minutes. Serve.