Lemon roasted asparagus is the perfect spring side dish and is so simple to make. This asparagus is perfect with fish, seafood, poultry, or accompanying a vegetarian dish loaded with spring veggies!
1 bunch asparagus
1 fresh lemon for juice and zest
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- While oven is heating, rinse asparagus under cool water, pat dry, then trim woody ends from the bottom of the asparagus stalks.
- Place asparagus on sheet pan and spritz or drizzle olive oil over the top, and turn to lightly coat.
- Place sheet pan into preheated oven and roast for about 20 minutes, stirring after about 10 minutes.
- Remove sheet pan from oven, place asparagus on serving plate or dish.
- Top with a light sprinkle of lemon zest, and finish with a drizzle of fresh lemon juice.
- Serve and enjoy!
When trimming the asparagus, try to remove as much of the woody end of the stalk before roasting — this will be much easier to eat without the tough end still on the stalk.
Add as much or as little lemon zest and juice as you would like – then season to taste with salt and pepper if desired.
Keywords: asparagus, roasted asparagus, lemon, lemon zest, fresh lemon