Easy baked chicken taquitos that can be made ahead and stored in the freezer for quick weeknight meals. In only 15 minutes of hands on time, you can have these taquitos ready to cook or freeze for another meal.
4 oz cream cheese
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
2 Tbsp lime juice
3 cups rotisserie chicken or cooked chicken, shredded
2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, mexican, or quesadilla shredded cheese)
1 16 oz can mild green chiles
24 small whole wheat tortillas
Wax paper or parchment paper for freezing taquitos
Large microwave safe bowl
To prepare taquitos:
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt cream cheese in 30 second intervals until soft.
- Add chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, lime juice to the bowl, and mix to combine well.
- Add cooked chicken, shredded cheese, and can of green chiles, stirring to combine.
- Place a tortilla on a flat surface and add about 2 Tbsp of the chicken and cheese mixture to the center of the tortilla, closer to one edge. Roll the tortilla starting at the edge with the mixture and place on the lined baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining mixture and tortillas.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 30 minutes, then remove to store in a gallon sized freezer bag.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place taquitos on the baking sheet.
- Bake from frozen for 15-20 minutes, or thawed about 5-10 minutes until center is 165F and cheese has melted.
These taquitos are great with corn, avocado, black bean and tomato salad or with a side salad and salsa to dip!
- Serving Size: 2 taquitos
- Calories: 426
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 671 mg
- Fat: 19 g
- Saturated Fat: 9.7 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 41.7 g
- Fiber: 9.4 g
- Protein: 21.8 g
- Cholesterol: 53.5 mg
Keywords: taquitos, baked taquitos, chicken taquitos, meal prep, freezer meals, make ahead, dinner, whole grain, weeknight meals, healthy recipes, healthy fast meals, toddler friendly recipes, quick and healthy recipes