Easy baked chicken taquitos that can be made ahead and stored in the freezer for quick weeknight meals. In only 15 minutes of hands on time, you can have these taquitos ready to cook or freeze for another meal – these are prefect for weekend meal prep!
This is probably my favorite freezer meal of all time!
For a fast and easy weeknight meal, these baked chicken taquitos can’t be beat. They take advantage of pre-cooked chicken and pantry staples to save you tons of time on meal prep. I love using rotisserie chicken for these taquitos because it’s fast and easy and has tons of flavor.
Then add in some cheese, some seasoning, and a can of mild green chilies (or hot if that’s what you like — you do you!).
Roll them up in small whole wheat tortillas, then freeze. This is super fast meal prep! You will be so glad when it’s a busy night and you can pull a few of these out of the freezer, pop them into the oven and have dinner on the table in 15 minutes.
To freeze, place the taquitos on in a single layer on a wax paper or parchment lined baking sheet. Then freeze for about 30 minutes before transferring to a gallon sized freezer bag.
We love these taquitos and usually serve them with fresh avocado, corn, black bean, and tomato salad. They would be great with a side salad, or other bean salad. And we love to dip them in salsa and sour cream or plain greek yogurt.
These baked chicken taquitos are a staple in our house for quick weeknight dinners and are a true crowd pleaser. I hope you love them too!Print
Baked Chicken Taquitos
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 24 taquitos 1x
- Category: dinner, meal prep, freezer meal
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: Mexican
Easy baked chicken taquitos that can be made ahead and stored in the freezer for quick weeknight meals. In only 15 minutes of hands on time, you can have these taquitos ready to cook or freeze for another meal.
4 oz cream cheese
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
2 Tbsp lime juice
3 cups rotisserie chicken or cooked chicken, shredded
2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, mexican, or quesadilla shredded cheese)
1 16 oz can mild green chiles
24 small whole wheat tortillas
Wax paper or parchment paper for freezing taquitos
Large microwave safe bowl
To prepare taquitos:
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt cream cheese in 30 second intervals until soft.
- Add chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, lime juice to the bowl, and mix to combine well.
- Add cooked chicken, shredded cheese, and can of green chiles, stirring to combine.
- Place a tortilla on a flat surface and add about 2 Tbsp of the chicken and cheese mixture to the center of the tortilla, closer to one edge. Roll the tortilla starting at the edge with the mixture and place on the lined baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining mixture and tortillas.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 30 minutes, then remove to store in a gallon sized freezer bag.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place taquitos on the baking sheet.
- Bake from frozen for 15-20 minutes, or thawed about 5-10 minutes until center is 165F and cheese has melted.
These taquitos are great with corn, avocado, black bean and tomato salad or with a side salad and salsa to dip!
- Serving Size: 2 taquitos
- Calories: 426
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 671 mg
- Fat: 19 g
- Saturated Fat: 9.7 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 41.7 g
- Fiber: 9.4 g
- Protein: 21.8 g
- Cholesterol: 53.5 mg
Keywords: taquitos, baked taquitos, chicken taquitos, meal prep, freezer meals, make ahead, dinner, whole grain, weeknight meals, healthy recipes, healthy fast meals, toddler friendly recipes, quick and healthy recipes
Leave a Reply