Fluffy whole grain strawberry oat muffin recipe. Brimming with fresh strawberries, these muffins are perfect for a cozy and warm breakfast or brunch.
2 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
1/2 cup quick oats
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups buttermilk
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 3/4 cups strawberries cut into small pieces (about 12 medium to large strawberries)
3 Tbsp oats (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray muffin tins with baking spray, or line with muffin cups and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ginger. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, combine vanilla, vegetable oil, buttermilk, and lemon juice.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, mixing gently to combine.
- Next, gently fold in strawberries until just mixed.
- Divide batter between muffin cups, filling 18 cups.
- Sprinkle oats over each muffin cup.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in tins slightly before removing. Serve.
Makes 18 muffins
These muffins are great served with greek yogurt or your favorite nut butter.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
Keywords: muffin, strawberry oat muffin, strawberries, fresh strawberry muffins, whole grain, whole grain muffins, breakfast, breakfast ideas, brunch, brunch ideas, easy muffin, muffin recipe, recipe, healthy recipe, healthy breakfast, oat muffins