Here’s the best healthy snack that’s perfect for a movie date night at home – rosemary olive oil popcorn! This is an easy and fun recipe for popcorn that will make your date night truly special.
1 Tbsp peanut oil, or canola oil, or other oil with medium to high smoke point
1/2 cup popcorn kernels
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
1/2 Tbsp fresh chopped rosemary
1 Tbsp olive oil
Large heavy bottomed pan with lid or wok with lid
- Add oil and 1-2 popcorn kernels to your large heavy bottomed pan. Place lid on pan and heat over medium high heat, shaking occasionally until the kernels pop.
- Remove lid and add 1/2 cup popcorn kernels. Replace lid on pan, and continue heating, shaking occasionally.
- Within a few minutes the popcorn kernels will begin to pop. keep the lid in place and continue shaking occasionally until the number of pops you hear slows down to about 1-2 pops in 5-10 seconds.
- Remove pan from heat and carefully remove the lid (in my experience another kernel or so will pop when you remove the lid so be prepared! Don’t jump and spill the popcorn everywhere like I usually do!)
- Move popcorn to a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt, nutritional yeast, and rosemary, stirring to combine.
- Drizzle with olive oil, mixing gently.
- Serving Size: 2 cups popped
- Calories: 134
- Sodium: 235 mg
- Fat: 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.7 g
- Fiber: 2.6 g
- Protein: 2.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: popcorn, herb popcorn, rosemary popcorn, healthy snack, healthy popcorn, date night, healthy recipes, easy snack ideas, vegan snack ideas