- 1 lb whole wheat pasta
- 4c vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- 1c gruyere or swiss cheese, or a mix of the two (I used a mix of these two, but either would be good mixed with the cheddar)
- Add pasta to instant pot. Pour in vegetable broth, and add butter.
- Close instant pot lid, and set valve to sealing.
- Set to manual high pressure for 5 minutes (or halve the cooking time that the box of pasta says and subtract one – for example if the pasta box says to cook for 12 minutes, halve this and subtract one which is 5 minutes).
- Once the time is complete, do a quick release of the pressure. Be sure to cover the valve with a towel to protect yourself from the steam. (Also the steam will have a lot of starch from the pasta.)
- Open the lid, and stir. Then stir in the can of pureed pumpkin, and milk.
- Next stir in the cheeses. Stir until the cheese is melted.
If you can’t find gruyere cheese, or a mix of swiss and gruyere, swiss will work just fine.
Prep and cooking time: The instant pot takes about 10-12 minutes to come to pressure before cooking at high pressure for 5 minutes, then a minute or two to stir in the pumpkin, milk and cheeses, so your total time from putting in the pasta to sitting down at the table is about 20 minutes.