- 1 pound pork loin
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 tsp fresh sage, chopped
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp cranberry sauce
- Heat oven to 400F.
- Trim excess fat from pork loin and pat dry with paper towels. Season evenly on all sides with salt, pepper, rosemary, sage, and garlic powder.
- Heat olive oil in an oven safe skillet or dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add pork loin and sear for 2-3 minutes on one side until it starts to brown. Turn pork loin and sear on the next side for 2-3 minutes until it starts to brown. Continue turning and browning for 2-3 minutes on each side until you have browned all sides of the pork loin.
- Remove skillet/dutch oven from the burner, then using a spoon, spread cranberry sauce over the top and sides of the pork loin.
- Set the skillet/dutch oven onto the middle rack of your preheated oven. Roast at 400F for about 20 minutes, or until the temperature in the center of the pork loin reaches 160F. Remove from oven, and cover with foil (or the lid to your dutch oven), and let pork loin rest about 5-10 minutes.
- Once pork loin has rested, remove foil/lid, slice, and serve. Top with additional cranberry sauce, or serve with some extra cranberry sauce on the side.