- 4 large carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2–3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp Sage
- 1/2 tsp Rosemary
- 1/2 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1 cup whole wheat pasta or egg noodles
- 1/4 tsp Marjoram
- 1/4 tsp Tarragon
- Heat olive oil in a 6 quart dutch oven or large pot
- Add carrots, celery, and garlic. Sautee for 5-7 minutes
- Add chicken, broth, and spices through onion powder. Bring to a simmer, and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add pasta, and cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Add marjoram and tarragon, simmer for an additional 5 minutes.