Fluffy buttermilk pancakes perfect for a weekend or holiday breakfast. Add in your favorite mix-ins such as blueberries or chocolate chips, or top with bananas, walnuts and a drizzle of syrup.
1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
2/3 cup white whole wheat flour
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
2 cups buttermilk
4 Tbsp neutral vegetable or avocado oil
Optional: 1/3 cup chocolate chips
Oil for skillet
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flours, sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl,whisk together buttermilk, eggs, and oil.
- Slowly pour the liquids into the flour mixture, stirring gently to combine.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat with a little oil.
- Scoop about ¼ cup batter onto the skillet or griddle. If adding chocolate chips, sprinkle the top of the pancake with a few chocolate chips, then spoon a little additional batter over the top.
- Watch for small bubbles to form on the surface (should take a minute or more depending on how hot the cooking surface is, so watch closely), and once the bubbles start to pop, flip the pancake and cook another 1-3 minutes until the batter is cooked.
- Remove pancake from skillet/griddle and repeat with remaining batter. Add additional oil to the skillet /griddle as needed while cooking.
- Serving Size: 2 pancakes
- Calories: 326
- Sugar: 13 g
- Sodium: 609 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 42 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 9 g
- Cholesterol: 61 mg
Keywords: buttermilk pancakes, pancakes, chocolate chip pancakes, breakfast, brunch