This is a simple apple and quinoa salad recipe that is perfect for a filling lunchtime side (or main dish!). This crunchy salad is easy to meal prep over the weekend to pack for the week ahead.
2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
1 head cauliflower, rinsed and chopped into small florets
1 tsp Lebanese spice mix
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup quinoa
1 c water
1 bunch parsley
3 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp honey, maple syrup, or agave nectar
1/2 cup walnuts
- Heat oven to 400F.
- On a large sheet pan, toss sweet potatoes and cauliflower in Lebanese spice mix and olive oil.
- Place pan in the oven and roast for about 20 minutes, stirring halfway during cooking time.
- While veggies are roasting, bring quinoa and 1 cup of water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for about 15-20 minutes.
- Chop parsley and apple. Set aside.
- Mix dressing by adding 3 Tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt and honey together in a bowl and whisk until combined.
- When veggies and quinoa are finished, set aside to cool slightly.
- Break walnuts into smaller pieces and place on a baking sheet or foil. Place in the heated oven and toast for about 3-5 minutes.
- Once walnuts are finished toasting, remove from oven, and begin assembling the salad.
- In a large bowl combine roasted vegetables, parsley, apple, quinoa, and toasted walnuts. Drizzle dressing over the salad and mix gently to combine.