Bright and fresh pomegranate seeds with roasted sweet potato, feta cheese and fresh herbs make up this nourishing hummus bowl. With pistachios for added crunch, this healthy and filling bowl is great for lunch or to share as a snack.
1/2 cup hummus
1/4 cup roasted sweet potato
1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
1 Tbsp shelled pistachios
1/2 to 1 Tbsp crumbled feta cheese (your preference)
Chopped parsley or mint (or both!)
To prepare roasted sweet potato:
- Heat oven to 425F.
- Wash, peel and dice sweet potato into 1/4 to 1/2 inch pieces.
- Toss in olive oil.
- Place on a sheet pan and place in the heated oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, stir and return to the oven to roast for another 10 minutes or until the sweet potato is slightly browned and soft in the center.
To prepare hummus bowl:
- Place hummus in the bottom of a bowl or plate, and spread to form a thin layer.
- Top hummus with roasted sweet potato and pomegranate seeds.
- Sprinkle pistachios and feta cheese over the top of the sweet potato and pomegranates.
- Top with chopped herbs and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve with warm pita, crackers or pita chips.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 391
- Sugar: 8.7 g
- Sodium: 405 mg
- Fat: 21 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 15.9 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 42.3 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 10 g
- Cholesterol: 8.3 mg
Keywords: hummus, sweet potato, pomegranate, feta, mint, parsley, pistachio, hummus bowl, nourish bowl, lunch, snack, healthy, healthy recipes, mediterranean, mediterranean diet