Easy and delicious mixed berry muffins made with whole wheat flour – these are perfect for a quick and healthy breakfast! Great paired with Greek yogurt on the side.
1 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cups blackberries and strawberries – I used a mix of blackberries and strawberries, but you can use any mix of berries that you like!
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Prepare muffin tins by spraying cups with baking spray or setting out paper muffin cups for 18 muffins.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir to mix.
- In another large mixing bowl, combine eggs, greek yogurt, sugar, olive oil, and vanilla. Whisk gently to mix ingredients together.
- Add wet ingredients slowly to dry ingredients, mixing gently to combine. Stir until only just mixed.
- Gently fold berries into the batter, being careful not to over mix.
- Divide batter into 18 muffin cups.
- Bake at 400F for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center of muffins comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing each muffin to a cooling rack.
I used strawberries and blackberries, but you can use your favorite berries here, or whatever is in season!
You can use all white whole wheat flour here, or a mix of all purpose and white whole wheat.
These muffins freeze well – lay them flat in one layer in a large freezer bag to freeze. When you’re ready to eat, warm up in the microwave for 30-45 seconds.
Keywords: mixed berry, muffins, breakfast, brunch, baking, quick breads, healthy muffins, healthy breakfast, brunch, healthy recipes, whole wheat