This lemony lentil and farro salad is an easy and delicious nutrition packed dish — lentils are a great way to add protein and iron to your meals, and farro is a delicious protein and fiber packed whole grain that pairs perfectly with the lentils. This vegan salad is perfect for spring or summer with fresh flavors from lemon and parsley.
For the salad
1/2 cup uncooked farro
1 cup uncooked lentils
1 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped (I measure about one packed cup before chopping)
For the dressing
3 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp ground cumin
- In a medium saucepan or pot with a lid, add 1 cup water and 1/2 cup farro. Bring to a boil, and once boiling, turn heat down to low. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- In another medium saucepan or pot , add 3 cups water, and 1 cup lentils. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn down heat to medium high and simmer for 15 minutes.
- While farro and lentils are cooking, wash and chop parsley.
- Also while farro and lentils are cooking, prepare dressing in a large mixing bowl by adding lemon juice, red wine vinegar, kosher salt, and cumin. Whisk until combined.
- Once lentils are done cooking, pour into a colander and rinse with cool water.
- Once farro is done cooking, drain any excess liquid. Allow to cool slightly.
- Mix the lentils and farro into the dressing. Serve.
Be sure to sort through your lentils and pick out any debirs or rocks before cooking!
Keywords: Vegan, Vegetarian, Lemon, Lentil, Farro, Salad, Sides, Mains, Lunch, Dinner, Snack, Healthy, Whole Grain