Fresh herbs from the garden pair perfectly with lentils for a delicous and hearty salad. This garden lentil salad recipe is simple and tasty – a great vegetarian or vegan salad idea!
1 cup lentils
1/2 cup farro
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp lemon juice
6 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup grape tomatoes
Bunch parsley, rinsed and chopped
Bunch dill, rinsed and chopped
Bunch chives, rinsed and chopped
Kosher salt, about 1/2 tsp
- In a large saucepan, bring 3 cups water to boil. Add sorted lentils to water, reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- In a separate saucepan, brin 1 cup water to boil. Add farro, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- While lentils and farro are cooking, in a large bowl mixing bowl, whisk together apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and olive oil. Set aside
- Chop carrots, and slice tomatoes.
- When lentils and farro are done cooking, drain and rinse under cool water.
- Add the drained lentils, farro, chopped carrot, tomatoes and herbs into the large bowl with dressing. Add salt and stir gently to mix well.
- Serve, or you can chill before serving.
The amounts of herbs can be flexible depending on what you have on hand. I measured each bunch as about a handful, but you can add more or less depending on what you have.
Keywords: lentil salad, healthy recipes, vegetarian recipes, healthy sides, healthy lunch ideas, vegan, garden, herbs, vegetables, tomato, carrots, farro, lentils, dill, parsley, chives, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice,