This whole wheat stuffing made from bread ends is easy to put together, includes simple ingredients, and pairs well with many dishes from Thanksgiving turkey to roasted chicken.
4 cups bread ends, cut into cubes (about 10–12 slices or bread ends)
1 stalk celery, chopped
1/2 onion, diced
1 tsp poultry seasoning
1 cup vegetable broth
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Dry out bread in oven 350 F for about 10 minutes
- While bread cubes are in oven, heat 1 tsp olive oil or butter in sauté pan. Cook onion and celery about 5 -7 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Prepare a baking dish by spraying with cooking spray. Set aside.
- When bread is finished, mix this with onion and celery mixture.
- Increase temperature of the oven to 400F.
- Add poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Pour broth evenly over bread mixture to moisten. Cover with foil.
- Bake in 400F oven for 30 min. After 30 min, remove foil and bake another 10-15 minutes until top is crispy.
- Remove from oven. Serve.
- Calories: 199
- Sodium: 482 mg
- Fat: 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 36.5 g
- Fiber: 7.5 g
- Protein: 0.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0.7 mg
Keywords: stuffing, stuffing recipe, easy stuffing, bread ends, whole wheat stuffing, how to use bread ends, how to use heels of bread