Add the best summer fruit into a baking dish for this easy fruit crisp. Blackberries, peaches and plums make a delicious jammy dessert when topped with ice cream or a comforting breakfast when served with Greek yogurt.
For the filling
5 cups fruit, in small pieces – a mix of whole blackberries and diced peaches and plums
1 1/2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice
3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
For the topping
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
4 Tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cold and cut into large pieces
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, combine fruit, cornstarch, lemon juice, and sugar. Stir to combine and dissolve the cornstarch.
- Pour into a 9×9 (or similarly sized) glass baking dish and set aside.
- In another large bowl, combine oats, flour, salt, brown sugar, cinnamon, and ginger. Stir to mix.
- Add butter to oat mixture, then using a pastry cutter or your hands, combine until butter is incorporated and it turns into a crumbly mixture.
- Spread topping evenly over the fruit in the baking dish.
- Place on the center rack in the preheated oven. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until topping is golden brown and the fruit is bubbling.
- Remove from oven and cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Calories: 230
- Sugar: 23 g
- Sodium: 152 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 41 g
- Protein: 4 g
Keywords: dessert, summer dessert, fruit crisp, summer fruit crisp, stone fruit, blackberries, peaches, plums, baked dessert, cinnamon, ginger, oats, whole grain, healthy dessert, brunch, breakfast