- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350F. Grease a 4×8 loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine white whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and allspice. Stir to combine. Set bowl aside.
- In another bowl, combine mashed bananas, butter, buttermilk (or yogurt thinned with milk), sugar, egg, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry, stirring gently until just mixed.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan, and place into preheated oven.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.